Monday, February 21, 2011

Yup...I did it!

Well, here I am. I'm not to sure what I'm doing or what I will even post from day to day (or week to week if I'm being honest), but I'll give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen? Probably offend someone...

To start I thought I would explain my blog name.

I've lived my entire life with a love/hate relationship with my hair (insert my mother's eye roll here). Only recently I've come to embrace this blessing. I have naturally wavy hair, I know, most of you would kill to have curl to your hair, but to defend my frustration with it, it's not really curly or straight, it's just wavy. SOMETHING always has to be done to it... product or straighten, It's in a constant state of indecision. I can't just get out of the shower and look like Kate from Lost (in more ways than one). Luckily God gave me a man who loves my hair curly so I've come to embrace it and actually love that I have the option of curly or straight for the day. 
Just like my indecisive hair my life is full of little "curls" that I have yet to uncover as true blessings from God!

As most of you already know the hubby and I have a BIG year!  He is graduating with a degree in Civil Engineering in May, I can't express how proud of him I am! He is an amazing man and most of what he is learning goes way over my head but someone has to have a passion for intersections right?!
We are also expecting our first baby in August! I'm loving being pregnant, I just can't believe I get to carry this little person inside of me!

To say that I am blessed would be an understatement!

Happy Day!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Add another blog to my reads ;). Perfect name. I'm happy to share all the ins and outs of blogger that I've learned along the way. And I'm super excited to get to see snippets of daily life with my great niece or nephew. So fun!! And lastly, I love your sign off ;).

    Happy Monday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking this evening that your hair looked very cute! But yes I understand the frustration with curly hair!
    (i'm so excited you're blogging. and having a baby! but not in that order)

    ReplyDelete