Thursday, July 7, 2011

One of my favorite places

Well, you won't be hearing from me in awhile, I guess I really don't post that much anyway...I like to think that people are sitting around just dying to read what I might post next...Ha, right!

On Sunday at 6:00 am I will be taking 6 teenage girls to the best week of their lives here...


I can honestly say that Young Life camp at the Washington Family Ranch (the WAFARA as we like to call it) is one of my favorite places. To be surrounded by other leaders who want nothing more than to have kids know and fall in love with Jesus is an absolutely amazing experience. This place will be filled with hundreds of teenagers from all over the North West and each one of them is guaranteed to have the best week of their life! They might not come back accepting Jesus, but they will leave knowing who He is and what He has done for them. I feel honored to be a part of that in their lives.

I might also be a little crazy going this summer. "Why?" You ask? Well, if you will remember I'm about 34 weeks pregnant and it's the middle of July, in the middle of a canyon, in the middle of Oregon...yeah I might be a little crazy. But alas there is a GIANT pool, GIANT lake, AMAZING food and 6 FABULOUS girls that I get to take with me...what more could a 34 week prego ask for?!

Please pray for these kids going to camp this summer. Pray that God meets them right where they need Him. And if you could send a little prayer my way for strength and energy to be a light for these kids that would be great! :)

I will most defiantly be posting a lot of pictures and I'm sure I'll have a lot of great God stories for you! I know you'll be waiting with bated breath...

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you & the girls this week! God will bless your willingness to serve these girls! Have loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete