Friday, September 2, 2011

Introducing...

Miss Everlee Lynn Taddicken
Born August 26, 2011
11:17am
7lbs 10oz
21 1/4 inches
And pretty amazing!

It all started on Thursday evening, I was having contractions between 10:00pm Thursday night into Friday morning, they were finally about 4-5 minutes apart and we finally decided to go to the hospital. When we got their at about 4:45am they were about 3-4 minutes apart and I was already at a 7! Hello?! Pretty sure we could have gone in a lot sooner, but I was terrified of being sent back home, good thing because one more centimeter and I wouldn't have been able to have the epidural. I think I could have done it but really, I had had enough!
Without going into much more detail, I was at a 10 before I knew it and was ready to deliver our baby girl, she was coming so fast that we had to stop and wait for the doctor! After only 25 minutes she was here and couldn't be more perfect!

For those of you who are curious, we didn't name Everlee after the Everly Brothers, I honestly couldn't even sing you one of their songs. About 2 years ago I was reading a book and there was a town in it called "Everly" in France. I thought it was such a pretty name, and it was in the back of my mind since. We decided to mix it up by using my mom's middle name "Lee" instead of "ly" we also wanted to use Greg's mom's middle name too, which is where "Lynn" comes in.
I just pray that Everlee grows up to have a lot of the same qualities these two women have!

God is so good, He has really been working in our lives lately. Within the last month He has used tragedy, joy and hope to show us how much He loves us. He has brought our family together through the loss of my brother and I have never seen our family closer than it has been in the last month. He has filled sorrow with joy in giving us this little girl and with those goofy faces she makes we now smile in a way we haven't in awhile. God has also taught us, overwhelmingly, how to TRUST in Him. Since Greg graduated in May we haven't had much luck in the job department. We prayed that God would give him something that would allow me to stay home as much as I can. Greg was even going to work another full time job on top of his other 2! We knew that if we just continued to pray and trust in God's timing He would give us something, maybe not exactly what we want but something...and OH WHAT TIMING does He have! The same morning I went into the hospital, Greg got a phone call with a job offer!! Seriously, could the timing be more perfect and yet not at the same time!
Whew! Talk about a month that I will never forget. Loss, life and opportunity all within 30 days! To say that I've have shed a few tears is an understatement! God is amazing, why do we ever doubt what He can do, even in the face of sorrow and sadness.

My heart is full of love and thankfulness! I think someone else has a heart that is beaming as well...I couldn't have asked for a better partner in all of this! He is pretty smitten with her and the feeling is mutual!



3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, love this. Happy doesn't begin to describe what I am for the three of you. Parenthood is such an amazing blessed adventure and I'm so glad you're in the club. And I'm not going to lie that I'm happy to get to spend a lot of time with you and this one with you being home more. Thanks for letting me be such a part of her story already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy for you & Greg! I remember wondering if it was strange that I wanted to kiss Claire's perfect little lips, and I held back a little. Now I wish I had kissed them more. Poor Sam, I never left his alone. Give her a few extra for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable Congratulations! I'm really happy for you guys. Congrats on the job too that's amazing. I'm so glad things are going good. I wish the absolute best for you guys.

    ReplyDelete