Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Brain Overload!

I know I'm not the only one who has felt like this but lately I just cannot turn my brain off! I will lay in bed trying desperately to relax and sleep but my brain will just not stop! This has been going on since Friday night, I didn't fall asleep until 3:30ish and BING wide awake at 7:00am.

The funny thing is that I'm not worried or stressed out (shocking I know) I'm just thinking...about anything and everything..., baby, work, nursery ideas, baby names, spring cleaning projects, books, songs I want to download, movies, people...the list goes on. My doctor said I can take Unisom but I don't want to start depending on it. My baby will probably come out so groggy she'll just sleep all the time...wait a minute...maybe it's a good idea (kidding).
I've tried praying (not that that should make me sleep but...you know what I mean), writing things down, reading or watching tv to get my mind off all these things and nothing seems to work.

I'm sure it's natural when you are getting ready for a big change in life for your mind to just wonder but seriously, why can't these ideas come during the day when I need them?! That would at least be a little more productive because during the day I'm so punch-drunk tired I can't engage my brain to save my life! No joke, I was so tired on Saturday afternoon I had to sit down while I folded laundry! Really?! I'm 25 years old I shouldn't have to sit down to do anything!

Well apparently I'm not the only one, I came across this sign today and it made me laugh.



The one positive thing I have gotten out of this is a LOT of fun ideas I want to do! Now...only if I can have enough energy during the day to do them it would be perfect!

What do you do to shut off your brain?!

1 comment:

  1. I suffer from a serious case of this! My brain is ALWAYS on! I wish I had the time during the day to do all of the things it thinks about! :)

    ReplyDelete