Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What would YOU do with 2 uninterrupted hours?

I don't know why but when Wednesday comes a long I feel like taking a 3 hour nap. I'm not sure if its that Monday and Tuesday are usually crazy or I'm anticipating needing some extra energy for AWANA. Whatever it is, today I felt like I needed some definite "me time", well would you look at that... it's one of my Yearly Goals, who says you can't accomplish a New Years Resolution (yeah, well it's only January 11th, talk to me in 6 months).
Anyway, our little home was very pleasant for an two and a half hours this afternoon. I took advantage!

I pulled this scrumptious beauty out of the oven- Homemade Artisan Bread and yes it was as good as it looks!
Source
Folded all this laundry while I watched a couple episodes of my favorite TV Show The Office. I was pretty impressed with myself for getting caught up on laundry today. This probably hasn't happened since Everlee was born!
I'm not sure they were impressed with me as much as I was! They were however very impressed with my bread!
This little darling was being so sweet and played until she fell asleep. She's good to her momma!

Even though there was more to do I decided to take a little break and make myself some tea, have a slice of yummy bread and cuddle in...I'm not sure how many people are like this but I usually have 3-4 books going at a time. This is quite the eclectic mix, and yes, that is a book about zombies, don't judge it's pretty good!

Ahhh...a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm looking forward to making some time for reading & tea this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and I'm so glad you took the time to document it ... you'll be amazed at how your days change every few months. It's a constant adjustment being at home, but it's SO important to carve out a little time each day to refresh your spirit.

    ReplyDelete