Tuesday, May 29, 2012

First Trip!

Greg and I don't travel too often, we love it but with our crazy schedules the last 5 years it's been hard to get outta town, but we had a wonderful opportunity this last weekend to go to our good friend's wedding in Oregon and with our 5 year anniversary coming up this week we decided to make a little mini-vaca out of it! Everlee did wonderful! She slept really great in the hotel and did well in the car. I'm a proud momma!
The weather couldn't have been more perfect either, beautifully green too! Loved every minute, wished we could have stayed a couple more days.
Here is a little snap shot of our first of many vacations as a family of 3 (forgive me, I took a lot of pictures)...

View from our hotel, I highly recommend it! We stayed at The Red Lion on Jantzen Beach.




At the wedding, look at how green it was! Ahh, love it!


Stunning! She was just the picture of beauty!!

They have been waiting a long time for this day! Give the girl a minute :)

Our good friend John, who is the bride's older brother, sang a beautiful song.

Seriously love this girl!

Saturday Market time in Vancouver!

At the zoo, this was her face most of the time to the animals, except the naked mole rat, which she freaked out and started crying...I almost did too. Ugliest animal I've ever seen!


My favorite! Loved this little guy!

We went inside this bird exhibit, they were flying all over landing on everyone. A little scary but these little guys were  beautiful!

Didn't even edit this! They are bright neon! They are so trendy.

Umm, do you see these two? I can't get enough of either of them! :)

A little walk downtown Portland after a yummy dinner!

On our way home we drove right into the biggest rainstorm I've ever seen! We had to walk through it and were dripping wet when we got inside!

On the way home we had to stop at the falls!



That about does it! There are a few funny stories that I'll share another time. All in all it was a much needed getaway for us, after the last month of not being together very much it was so nice to just be together without any distractions!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you had fun and that it went well! I was thinking about you & almost texted a time or two but I know sometimes it's nice to really be away from it all :) Glad the little Miss did great! Keep doing it so she stays a good little traveler! Having a family that's up for adventures anytme is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had an amazing trip! So happy it all went well. I love that baby elephant and I love that Everlee cried at the mole rat?! Hilarious. So glad you got to enjoy a much needed vacation together. And the bride?! So beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete