Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful {Days 12-14}

This weekend went by so fast! We were busy from Friday night until about 10 minutes ago when we got home from Young Life.

I'm taking 3 days of thankfulness and wrapping them up into something that has been on my heart lately...

I have quite the eclectic family structure. Most of the time divorce brings out the worst in people, have negative associations and most of the time when I tell people my parents are divorced I get a sad reaction, "Oh, I'm sorry". Yeah, it's sad and I absolutely have my issues from it but I have come to really be thankful for what I have as a result. I have gained more grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins because of it. Recently at my baby shower, everyone went around and said how they knew me...I had at least 4 grandmothers there...I remember Kelly coming up to me afterward and asking HOW that was possible, the math just didn't add up! Seriously who wouldn't want more grandmothers?!
I have also gained another family marrying Greg. Again, most people talk about "in-laws" like they are talking about getting a root canal. I love my in-laws! Now, how many of you can say that?! (hopefully a lot of you).

Now, it's not all rainbows and unicorns all the time but I love my crazy family. I'm thankful that Everlee gets to grow up in a family like this and I'm thankful I have them too!

4 comments:

  1. I loved seeing all your family supporting you and Everlee at your shower. I know that in the midst of this very difficult season for your family, you've pulled together to love and support each other. I'm so happy you were/are surrounded by so many people who love you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you didn't think I was being rude at your baby shower! I really wasn't! I just thought it was funny that women kept introducing themselves as grandmothers. :)
    I know you love your in-laws just as much as I love mine. I love how close you & Julie are. It gives me hope for my someday daughters-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all Kelly!! It actually made me think about it and how happy I was that I do have that many grandmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we love you more than you will ever know! Thanks for being patient with us as we learn to walk this journey together! I can't imagine our family without you!

    ReplyDelete